Thursday, October 20, 2005

Were I a cloud I'd gather
My skirts up in the air,
And fly well know whither,
And rest I well know where.
- Robert Seymour Bridges

O soul, be patient: thou shalt find
A little matter mend all this;
Some strain of music to thy mind,
Some praise for skill not spent amiss.
- Robert Seymour Bridges

The world? Moonlit
Drops shaken
From the crane's bill.
- Dogen

If you are a poet, you will see clearly that there is a cloud floating in this sheet of paper. Without a cloud there will be no water; without water, the trees cannot grow; and without trees, you cannot make paper. So the cloud is in here. The existence of this page is dependent upon the existence of a cloud. Paper and cloud are so close.
- Thich Nhat Hahn

Nothing remains
Of the house that I was born in--
Fireflies.
- Santoka

1 comment:

Snake said...

great pictures!